Sunday, March 16, 2008

This weekend

Saturday we had quite a few people come over and help. Ashleah's old dorm-mates put the oil on the deck (looks like just under 4 gallons does one full coat, but at least I won't have to touch it again for 5-10 years and it will still look perfect), and it looks great to say the least after just soaking up that first bit.
Here's a look at part done and part not.




They also cleared out some of the brush in the rear of the house that was too close to the walls (the primary reason termites, carpenter ants, et cetera get in and nest up) and a few leaves.




Lesbo and C-4 gave me a hand with more drywall inside, both bedrooms are now complete, and one wall of the master is done, leaving just the majority of the master to finish and the first bedrooms closet once I can finish piping in the drain line for the bar, and get one of my carpenters/framers to finish framing in the shower insert.

If I really push it, I could have the tape/mud/texture guy in by Thursday or Friday, but with a business trip coming up next week for 4 days, needing to get paint done, et cetera.... it looks like I'm going to be throwing away a months rent worth of money because there's no way I can, or I want to be stressed and pushed as hard as I've been doing so far to move in by April 1st. I've already pushed myself to the limit last Wednesday trying to get things done by myself and started having problems from exhaustion et cetera.


Here is bedroom #2, I added switches to every closet so we could get rid of the tacky and old pull strings.

From the other side

The done part of the Master

From the inside of the bathroom at the shower insert. I'll be framing the top of it up to the roof, drywalling and tiling. Ashleah thought it would be easy to just re-tile the entire thing, and honestly if I had the time and money I'd simply knock down the wall into the closet, re-frame half the area and turn the master bath into a real master bath with nice tub and other niceties... but the work was already done, and cash is an issue... I'll put a rain shower head above and a normal on the side.

No comments: